Is this you? You have a compelling story to tell, but you don't know how. What you lack isn't your storytelling ability - it's your lack of tools, method, and structure. Let's settle this once and for all.
Sign up for GIGshop #3 and walk away with surprisingly simple techniques to share your story powerfully. Our hands-on interactive workshop walks you through a step-by-step framework.
You'll leave GIGshop #3 with the street smarts of a writer and photographer rolled into one.
Dinner is included.
Part 1 - How to tell engaging stories and have social media impact
(a) Intro to Storytelling
- What is storytelling?
- Why is storytelling important?
- Why some stories work (and some don’t)
- What is the biggest element of great storytelling? Hint: it starts with A
(b) Real-life examples
- I wrote 900+ LinkedIn profiles for high level executives and Fortune 500 firms, here’s what I’ve learned
- Case studies
(c) Let yourself become more vulnerable
- The 5 questions you must ask yourself to find and nail your story
- The emotional appeal: how can you stand out with your story?
- How can you tie your personal story with your business brand?
(d) How to distribute & skyrocket engagement
- How to share your story and expose to a wider audience on LinkedIn
- The nitty gritties: what to watch out for
(e) Hands-on workshop
- Crafting your story
Part 2 - How your storytelling and visual identity work together
- Why use Facebook for your business?
- What are your top and second goals for Facebook?
(b) Enrich your presence
- Finding your unique visual style (i.e style guide)
(c) Amplify your influence
- What kinds of Facebook posts get the best engagement?
- How to engage with your followers authentically?
- What are the creative ways to bring in more engagement?
(d) The business & data side
- How and when can you start to measure the business value of your Facebook activity?
- What metrics should you look for?
(e) Case studies
(f) Hands-on workshop
- Create own Instagram mood board
About our Expert-in-residence speakers:
John Chen is the founder of Contentrific and LinkedInPedia. He has 10 years of experience in copywriting and content marketing and counts LinkedIn marketing as one of his specialties. John has helped many professionals from big brands like Deloitte and Nike to amplify their content. He has built a story tribe of over 20,000 members on LinkedIn and has written over 900+ LinkedIn profiles across over 57 industries for high level executives and Fortune 500 firms. John is one of LinkedIn's 2017 Power Profiles.
Elyse-Anne is an entirely self-taught Facebook and Instagram diva. She helps entrepreneurs and brands expand their presence in a connected world whilst staying true to their vision. She has a knack for communicating messages along with a strong visual identity that helps generate interest and builds a strong brand awareness. She's also a spiritual business coach who helps spiritual entrepreneurs to get their greatest work out to the world.
Topics are subject to change.